First Baptist Church, Wilmington, N.C., is seeking an individual to provide leadership for ministry to/with students. Applicants should have experience leading student ministry for grades 6-12 in a congregational setting and also enjoy working relationally with youth. The strongest applicants will also have some combination of the following:
- Undergraduate/graduate education in ministry and/or education
- experience in volunteer recruitment and development
- experience working on a church staff
- experience working with youth in a variety of settings
- awareness of the particular challenges and opportunities that arise out of ministry to/with students in a changing cultural context
First Baptist Wilmington is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. While we are open to people from a variety of backgrounds, any candidate should feel comfortable serving in a congregational context in which:
- A breadth of political and theological diversity is celebrated
- Women are embraced in any and all levels of congregational leadership.
- Mission and ministry are intentionally holistic, focused on both the material and spiritual needs of persons.
Please send all inquiries, recommendations and résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Minister to Students Position.”